General Knowledge Quiz on Indian Army
- 13 September, 2023
- By GyanOK
The Indian Army is truly remarkable and hard-working comprising brave men and women who protect the nation's borders, their sacrifices and tireless efforts are awe-inspiring. They work tirelessly to keep our country safe. Thus, it becomes essential for all of us to learn about their dedication and sacrifices. In this article, you'll find a quiz about the Indian Army, which is a fun way to gain knowledge about their incredible work.
General Knowledge Quiz on Indian Army
The Indian Army is renowned as one of the world's finest military forces. With a rich history of valor and sacrifice, it has consistently defended our nation's sovereignty. Throughout its history, the Indian Army has displayed incredible bravery and determination, winning several wars to protect our country's interests. From the heroic actions of soldiers on the icy heights of Kargil to the sacrifices made in various conflicts, the Indian Army's unwavering commitment to safeguarding our borders is a source of immense pride for every Indian. Their legacy of bravery continues to inspire generations and remains a symbol of national strength and resilience.
Thus, to help you test your knowledge on the topic of the Indian Army we have provided a quiz below. It not only is useful for self-assessment but also provides one with an opportunity to learn through this fun activity.
1. The New Naval Ensign features the national emblem inside which shape?
- [A] Green Hexagon
- [B] Blue Octagon
- [C] Orange Hexagon
- [D] White Octagon
- Answer: B [Blue Octagon]
2. The Indian Army and Indian Air Force conducted a Joint Exercise named ‘Gagan Strike’ in which state?
- [A] Andhra Pradesh
- [B] Uttarakhand
- [C] Sikkim
- [D] Punjab
- Answer: D [Punjab]
3. Which city played host to the harbour phase of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22)?
- [A] Mumbai
- [B] Vishakhapatnam
- [C] Goa
- [D] Kochi
- Answer: B [Vishakhapatnam]
4. Which country is the host of the multi-national Defence ‘Exercise Kakadu 2022’?
- [A] USA
- [B] Australia
- [C] Singapore
- [D] France
- Answer: B [Australia]
5. What are ‘Nistar and Nipun’, which were released by the Indian Navy recently?
- [A] Submarines
- [B] Diving Support Vessels
- [C] Patrol craft
- [D] Pollution control vessels
- Answer: B [Diving Support Vessels]
6. Which country hosted the ‘Exercise Operation Southern Readiness’?
- [A] India
- [B] Australia
- [C] Seychelles
- [D] Maldives
- Answer: C [Seychelles]
7. Which Indian Armed Force conducts the ‘Prasthan’ security exercise?
- [A] Indian Army
- [B] Indian Navy
- [C] Indian Air Force
- [D] Indian Coast Guard
-Answer: B [Indian Navy]
8. Which is the only military unit of the Indian Army privileged to carry the President’s Silver Trumpet and Trumpet Banner?
- [A] President’s Bodyguard (PBG)
- [B] Border Security Force (BSF)
- [C] Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- [D] Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Answer: A [President’s Bodyguard (PBG)]
9. SIMBEX is a Maritime Bilateral Exercise held between India and which country?
- [A] Sri Lanka
- [B] Sweden
- [C] Switzerland
- [D] Singapore
- Answer: D [Singapore]
10. When is the ‘Shaurya Diwas’ celebrated in India?
- [A] October 25
- [B] October 27
- [C] October 29
- [D] October 31
- Answer: B [October 27]
11. Who is the current(2023) Chief of the Indian Army?
- [A] General Bipin Rawat
- [B] General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- [C] General Dalbir Singh Suhag
- [D] General Vijay Kumar Singh
- Answer: B [General Manoj Mukund Naravane]
12. Which year was the Indian Army officially established?
- [A] 1942
- [B] 1947
- [C] 1950
- [D] 1962
- Answer: B 
13. What is the highest rank achievable in the Indian Army?
- [A] General
- [B] Major General
- [C] Lieutenant General
- [D] Field Marshal
- Answer: D [Field Marshal]
14. Which operation did the Indian Army undertake to rescue hostages during the 2008 Mumbai attacks?
- [A] Operation Vijay
- [B] Operation Rahat
- [C] Operation Pawan
- [D] Operation Black Tornado
- Answer: D [Operation Black Tornado]
15. The Indian Army celebrates its Army Day on which date?
- [A] January 26th
- [B] March 8th
- [C] April 7th
- [D] December 16th
- Answer: C [April 7th]
16. Which is the largest volunteer army in the world?
- [A] Chinese Liberation Army
- [B] Russian Ground Forces
- [C] United States Army
- [D] Indian Army
- Answer: D [Indian Army]
17. What is the motto of the Indian Army?
- [A] “Service Before Self”
- [B] “Truth Alone Triumphs”
- [C] “Victory or Death”
- [D] “Duty, Honor, Country”
- Answer: A [“Service Before Self”]
18. The Siachen Glacier, the highest battleground in the world, is located in which mountain range?
- [A] Himalayas
- [B] Karakoram Range
- [C] Hindu Kush
- [D] Zanskar Range
- Answer: B [Karakoram Range]
19. Which war saw the Indian Army’s largest military surrender?
- [A] Indo-Pakistani War of 1965
- [B] Kargil War
- [C] Indo-Pakistani War of 1971
- [D] Sino-Indian War of 1962
- Answer: C [Indo-Pakistani War of 1971]
20. Which Indian Army officer was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his actions during the Kargil War?
- [A] Major Somnath Sharma
- [B] Lieutenant Manoj Kumar Pandey
- [C] Captain Vikram Batra
- [D] Lieutenant Colonel Dhan Singh Thapa
- Answer: C [Captain Vikram Batra]
21. The Indian Army’s parachute regiment is also known as:
- [A] Special Frontier Force
- [B] Gorkha Rifles
- [C] Rajput Regiment
- [D] Red Berets
- Answer: D [Red Berets]
22. Which operation did the Indian Army conduct to flush out terrorists from the Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984?
- [A] Operation Blue Star
- [B] Operation Cactus
- [C] Operation Meghdoot
- [D] Operation Trident
- Answer: A [Operation Blue Star]
23. The Indian Army’s Rashtriya Rifles is primarily deployed in which region?
- [A] Jammu and Kashmir
- [B] Punjab
- [C] Northeastern states
- [D] Rajasthan
- Answer: A [Jammu and Kashmir]
24. Who was the first Indian Army officer to be appointed as the Chief of Army Staff?
- [A] General K. M. Cariappa
- [B] Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- [C] General J. J. Singh
- [D] General Shankar Roychowdhury
- Answer: A [General K. M. Cariappa]
25. The Indian Army’s highest peacetime gallantry award is:
- [A] Param Vir Chakra
- [B] Ashoka Chakra
- [C] Maha Vir Chakra
- [D] Kirti Chakra
- Answer: B [Ashoka Chakra]
26. Which Indian Army regiment is known as the “Brave Hearts”?
- [A] Grenadiers Regiment
- [B] Jat Regiment
- [C] Bihar Regiment
- [D] Dogra Regiment
- Answer: C [Bihar Regiment]
27. The Indian Army’s Special Forces unit is known as:
- [A] MARCOS
- [B] Garud Commando Force
- [C] Para Commandos
- [D] Ghatak Force
- Answer: C [Para Commandos]
28. The Indian Army’s military academy, where officer cadets are trained, is located in:
- [A] Pune
- [B] Dehradun
- [C] Mhow
- [D] Gaya
- Answer: B [Dehradun]
29. Who was the first Indian Army officer to be awarded the Param Vir Chakra?
- [A] Naik Jadu Nath Singh
- [B] Major Shaitan Singh
- [C] Lance Naik Albert Ekka
- [D] Captain Gurbachan Singh Salaria
- Answer: A [Naik Jadu Nath Singh]
30. The Indian Army’s women’s wing is known as:
- [A] Women’s Corps
- [B] Corps of Military Police
- [C] Special Frontier Force
- [D] Assam Rifles
- Answer: B [Corps of Military Police]