- 15 September 2022
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 15 September 2022
Hughes, ISRO Have Launched A Satellite Internet Service
Hughes Communication India (HCI), has collaborated with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), to launch its first high throughput satellite (HTS) broadband internet service in the country. Since last year, the company has been testing its operations in northern India.
- Through the first high throughout satellite (HTS) broadband internet service, the company has promised to deliver high-speed satellite broadband service to remote locations across India from the desolate part of Leh Ladakh to the northeastern part of India.
Key Points related to Satellite Internet Service by ISRO and HCI
- The company is assisting the Indian Army and Paramilitary forces patrolling the LAC and other remote border outputs with the help of HTS Technology.
- The launch event was facilitated by the ISRO Chairman Dr. S Somnath who said that the partnership will improve people’s lives with this collaboration.
- The HCI and ISRO collaboration aims to provide and deliver excellent quality satellite broadband services.
- The major customers of HTS Services are cooperative banks, telecommunications 4G operators, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Today, Hughes has 1 Gbps of capacity on HTS, however, in the future, it aims to expand it up to 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps.
JIMEX 2022: India-Japan joint naval drills in the Bay of Bengal begins
The sixth edition of Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22), hosted by the Indian Navy, began in the Bay of Bengal. The Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) ships are being led by Rear Admiral Hirata Toshiyuki, Commander Escort Flotilla Four, and Indian naval ships by Rear Admiral Sanjay Bhalla, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet.
- The Indian Navy is represented by three indigenously designed and built warships, Sahyadri, a multi-purpose stealth frigate and Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes Kadmatt and Kavaratti. Additionally, Guided Missile Destroyer Ranvijay, Fleet Tanker Jyoti, Offshore Patrol Vessel Sukanya, submarines, MIG 29K fighter aircraft, Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and ship-borne helicopters are also participating in the exercise. The Indian Naval ships welcomed JMSDF ships Izumo, a Helicopter Carrier, and Takanami, a Guided Missile Destroyer, on their arrival in the Bay of Bengal.
- JIMEX 22 involves two phases – exercises at sea and a harbour phase at Visakhapatnam.
- This edition marks the 10th anniversary of JIMEX, which began in Japan in 2012. It also coincides with the 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations between India and Japan.
- JIMEX 22 seeks to consolidate the high degree of interoperability that exists between maritime forces of the two countries, through complex exercises in the surface, sub-surface and air domains.
Aim of the exercise:
- The exercises were aimed at enhancing interoperability and streamlining seamanship and communication procedures.
- This exercise is part of the ongoing efforts between the two navies toward ensuring safe and secure international shipping and trade in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- The two countries have been carrying out regular exercises in IOR towards reinforcing maritime association.
National Defense MSME Conclave and Exhibition begins in Kota, Rajasthan
National Defense MSME Conclave and Exhibition: The two-day National Defense MSME Conclave and Exhibition begins in Kota, Rajasthan. In the exhibition, defence gear including T-90 and BMP-2 tanks, artillery cannons, numerous sniper and machine gun types, and military bridges are on display.
National Defense MSME Conclave and Exhibition: Key Points
- Start-ups and MSMEs are also showcasing their products, as are young people innovating in the defence sector.
- The event will feature participation from more than 50 defense-related businesses, startups, and MSMEs.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and Minister of State for Defense Ajay Bhatt will formally launch the summit tomorrow.
- Senior Ministry of Defense officials, representatives from top defence firms, and defence experts are all taking part in the training.
- The highlight of the programme will also be the Live Concert and Drone Light Show.
- A defence conclave and exhibition is being held for the first time in Rajasthan.
Nagaland Holds its First Ever Naga Mircha Festival
Naga Mircha Festival 2022
The first Naga Mircha Festival was hosted and organized by the Seiyhama village Council and Seiyhama Naga Mircha Growers. The first Naga Mircha Festival was sponsored by the Department of Horticulture, and it was held at the Village Council Hall.
- The special guest of the festival was NDPP President, 11th Northern Angami-2-Assembly Constituency, Vibeilietuo Kets. The Special Guest Vibeilietuo Kets said that the people of Seiyhama should start strategizing market control by producing the chilies on large scale.
A new book titled “Will Power” authored by former coach Sjoerd Marijne
Former Dutch field hockey player and former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach, Sjoerd Marijne, authored a new book titled “Will Power: The Inside Story of the Incredible Turnaround in Indian Women’s Hockey”. The book published by HarperCollins Publishers India will be launched in September 2022.