Recently, scientists reported the discovery of ‘The Trapping Zone’ in the island nation Maldives, India’s southern neighbour.
The Adani group-AAI-operated Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA), Mumbai airport has switched to green energy sources, fulfilling 95 per cent of its requirement from hydro and wind, while the rest 5 per cent from solar power. The facility witnessed a rise in natural energy procurement with 57 per cent in green consumption in April to a whopping 98 per cent. In August, the Mumbai Airport finally attained 100 per cent utilisation of renewable sources of energy.
The state government of Himachal Pradesh has started a new scheme named ‘HIMCAD’, to provide irrigation facilities to farmers. According to the latest data, about 80% of the agricultural area of Himachal Pradesh is rain-fed. The scheme will provide end-to-end connectivity of farmers’ fields for better water conservation, crop diversification and integrated farming.
Google is set to launch Play Points, a global rewards Programme for users in India. Users will earn points when they purchase with Google Play, including in-app items, apps, games, and subscriptions. The reward program has four levels known as platinum, gold, silver, and bronze. The levels will provide members with perks and prizes. The levels and tiers are based on the number of points they have collected.
Hollywood Actor Tom Cruise, who is renowned for pulling off high-octane stunts in his projects, is taking things to the next level and may soon become the first actor to shoot in space. The Top Gun actor has reportedly partnered with director Doug Liman on a project that calls for him to perform a spacewalk. The Hollywood actor and director have reportedly approached the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) with a proposal for Tom to launch himself up to the International Space Station.