- 08 September 2022
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 08 September 2022
Cabinet Approves PM SHRI Scheme
Union Cabinet approved the PM Schools for Rising India scheme(SHRI), a new centrally sponsored scheme that aims the development of more than 14500 schools across the country by strengthening select existing schools being managed by all forms of governments across the country.
How It Impact:
- The PM SHRI schools will aim at delivering quality teaching for the cognitive development of students and creating and nurturing holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key 21st-century skills. They will also showcase all components of the National Education Policy 2020 by education in an equitable, inclusive and joyful school environment that takes care of the diverse background, multilingual needs, and different academic abilities of children.
In UP’s Farrukhabad, ‘jail ka khana’ gets 5-star FSSAI rating
The Fatehgarh Central jail in Uttar Pradesh’s Farrukhabad district has earned a five-star rating from the Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for the quality of food it serves to inmates. A third-party audit, empanelled by the FSSAI, provided the five-star ‘Eat Right Certificate’ to the jail. It is a recognition of food quality and hygiene, which means the inmates are getting quality food items prepared in jail.
- According to District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Singh’s media statement, 1,100 prisoners received clean and healthy food according to the FSSAI’s “Eat Right” accreditation.
- The process of making food has been automated to a large extent. The jail administration has modernised it by installing big roti-maker machines, a dough kneading machine and machine-cutters for vegetables. Earlier, the help of prisoners was taken in preparing rotis, vegetables and pulses. But, being a manual process, it took a lot of time and about 50 prisoners were mobilised to prepare food for each shift.
Mastercard Acquires Title Sponsorship Rights for All BCCI International and Domestic Matches
Mastercard has announced its collaboration with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to expand its strategic outreach to Indian audiences. During the collaboration between Mastercard and BCCI, Mastercard will be the title sponsor of all the international matches including men and women, held on the home grounds, domestic cricket matches like Duleep Trophy, Ranji Trophy, and Irani Trophy. Also, all junior cricket matches are held in India.
The sponsorship and collaboration aim to enhance the connection of Mastercard with cricket lovers across the country. Mastercard has also invested in worldwide sponsorships including UEFA, Champion League, the Grammys, the Cannes Film Festival, and the Australian and French Open tennis tournaments. Mastercard endeavors to enhance its strong international base of sponsorship assets across passion points with uniquely Indian ones. Mastercard worked to amplify this passion area with the signing of MS Dhoni, as the brand ambassador for over four years.
India’s First Intranasal COVID Vaccine by Bharat Biotech gets DCGI Approval
India’s first intranasal Covid vaccine by Bharat Biotech received approval from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for primary immunization against the injection for people above the age of 18. It is India’s first nasal vaccine for COVID-19. The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya termed the vaccine a ‘Big Boost’ to India’s fight against COVID-19.
- Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL), is a global leader in vaccine innovation and developer of vaccines for infectious diseases. The BBIL announced that the development of the Intranasal COVID vaccine (BBV154), has been approved for restricted use in an emergency. The iNCOVACC, is a recombinant replication-deficient adenovirus vectored vaccine with a pre-fusion stabilized spike protein. This vaccine was evaluated in phases I, II, and III, clinical trials with successful results. The vaccine was formulated to allow Intranasal delivery through nasal drops. It is designed to be cost-effective in low and middle-income countries.
Digital India Mission: Uttar Pradesh Tops in Use of e-Prosecution Portal
Uttar Pradesh, with 9.12 million cases, ranks at the top in the number of disposal and entry of cases through the e-Prosecution portal managed by the Union government under its Digital India Mission. According to the figures till the end of August, Madhya Pradesh followed in second spot at 2.31 million, Bihar with 859,000, Gujarat with 487,000 and Chhattisgarh with 383,000 cases. UP also ranks at the top in disposal of online cases on this portal, with about 470,000 entries, followed by 170,000 for MP and 125,000 for Gujarat. The portal launched by states two years ago is an initiative of the home, IT and law ministries for helping courts and the prosecution system in accelerating criminal trials in heinous crimes.
About The System:
- Under the system, officials ensure that witnesses are informed through SMS about their day of appearance in court, reach out to the concerned government advocates and help in prompt disposal of cases, with the entire database of the case structured to help the prosecution, an official said. The portal provides for e-communication between the police department and the prosecution directorate under the Inter-operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) that enables transfer of data among courts, police, jails and forensic science laboratories. The state has also topped in convictions related to crime against women and in cases related to cybercrime as well as convictions of arrested people in cases related to Indian Penal Code (IPC) incidents, and in the seizure of illegal firearms, as per the latest data released by the National Crime Records Bureau.