- 07 February 2023
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 07 February 2023
PM Modi Dedicates HAL Helicopter Factory to the Nation in Tumakuru
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the HAL Helicopter Factory to the nation in Tumakuru. He also laid the foundation stone of the Tumakuru Industrial Township.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Tumakuru-based HAL Helicopter Factory and laid the foundation for the Tumakuru Industrial Township, as well as two projects under the Jal Jeevan Mission in Tiptur and Chikkanayakanahalli. During his visit, he also explored the helicopter facility and structure hangar and unveiled the Light Utility Helicopter.
The Prime Minister emphasized that Karnataka, with its rich spiritual heritage, has been a home to saints and sages who have upheld the Indian traditions of spirituality, knowledge, and science. He noted the importance of Tumkuru and the legacy of the Siddaganga Mutt. He mentioned that the teachings of Pujya Shivkumar Swamy, embodied in Anna, Akshara, and Ashray, are being continued by Shri Siddalinga Swamy.
PM Modi Dedicates HAL Helicopter Factory to the Nation in Tumakuru- Key Points
- The Prime Minister announced that several projects worth hundreds of crores, aimed at providing employment opportunities for youth, improving the quality of life for rural communities and women, strengthening the armed forces, and promoting the "Made in India" concept, are being dedicated or foundation stones are being laid.
- He praised the talent and innovation of Karnataka's youth and noted the manufacturing sector's capabilities, as evidenced by products ranging from drones to Tejas fighter planes.
- He highlighted the HAL project, for which he laid the foundation stone in 2016, as an example of the government's efforts to reduce dependence on foreign defense imports. He expressed satisfaction that hundreds of arms and defense equipment are now being manufactured in India and used by the armed forces.
- The Prime Minister stressed that with the "Nation First" mentality, success is guaranteed, and that the government is working to revamp and reform public sector enterprises and create opportunities for the private sector.
- He dismissed recent attempts to criticize the government in the name of HAL and stated that truth always triumphs over false propaganda, no matter how big or frequent.
- He described the industrial township as a major gift to Tumakuru, in addition to the Food Park and HAL, which will help establish Tumakuru as a major industrial center in the country.
India & EU to Create 3 Working Groups under Trade & Technology Council to boost ties
India and the European Union (EU) announced the formation of three working groups under the ‘Trade and Technology Council’ that was set up to deepen strategic ties with the trade bloc.
India and the European Union (EU) have established three working groups under the Trade and Technology Council, which was established to enhance their strategic partnership. The Trade and Technology Council was created in April of last year to address the intersection of trade, trusted technology, and security. This council is a first for India with any of its partners and the second for the EU, following its creation with the United States (US).
Key Issues To Be Taken Up by the India-EU Working Groups:
A joint statement announced that the working groups will focus on critical topics including strategic technologies, digital governance and connectivity, green and clean energy technologies, and trade, investment, and resilient value chains.
EU-India Summit in 2023:
The working groups will now work towards the initial meeting of the council, which is slated to occur prior to the next EU-India Summit in the spring of 2023. Ministerial meetings of the council will be held at least annually, alternating between locations in the EU and India.
Significance of India- EU Trade & Technology Council(TTC):
In a rapidly evolving geopolitical climate, the EU and India share a common interest in securing, promoting prosperity, and fostering sustainable growth based on shared values. The Trade and Technology Council will offer political guidance and provide the necessary framework to coordinate efforts and progress technical work.
Who will Chair the Working Groups:
The council will be jointly led on the EU side by Executive Vice-Presidents Margrethe Vestager and Valdis Dombrovskis, and on the Indian side by S Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry, and Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
The Set of Actions of the Working Group:
- The working group on strategic technologies, digital governance and connectivity will collaborate on areas such as digital connectivity, AI, 5G/6G, high performance computing, quantum computing, semiconductors, cloud systems, cybersecurity, digital skills, and digital platforms.
- The green and clean energy technologies working group will focus on investment and standards in green tech, exploring areas such as clean energy, the circular economy, waste management, ocean plastics, and litter.
- The trade, investment, and resilient value chains group will focus on supply chain resilience, access to critical components, energy, and raw materials. It will work to resolve trade barriers, promote cooperation in multilateral forums, and support international standards and cooperation in addressing global geopolitical challenges, the statement said.
PM Modi Inaugurated India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 event that aimed to showcase India's rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 event that aimed to showcase India’s rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse. The IEW is being held in Bengaluru from 6th to 8th February 2023. Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri, Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, and CM Basavaraj Bommai also felicitated the event.
PM Modi Inaugurated India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru- Key Points
- PM Modi launched E20 fuel — a blend of 20 percent ethanol with petrol and dedicated Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd’s helicopter factory in Tumakuru to the nation.
- E20 fuel will be launched at 84 retail outlets of Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in 11 States and UTs of India.
- The government aims to achieve a complete 20 percent blending of ethanol by 2025. In this line, OMCs are setting up 2G-3G ethanol plants that will facilitate the progress.
- The Prime Minister also unveiled the twin-cooktop model of the solar cooking system which was developed by the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- To create mass awareness of clean fuels, PM Modi also flagged off Green Mobility Rally to be flagged off. The rally will witness the participation of vehicles running on green energy sources and will help create public awareness for green fuels.