- 05 October 2022
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 05 October 2022
National Games 2022: U20 World Champion Antim Panghal wins wrestling gold
Antim Panghal, the World under-20 champion, made an impressive debut at the National Games 2022 as she won the gold medal in women’s 53kg wrestling. Haryana’s Antim Panghal, who made history in August by becoming the first Indian to become U20 world champion in women’s wrestling, beat Priyanshi Prajapati of Madhya Pradesh by fall in the final.
- In National Games, Services lead the medals tally with 51 medals including 23 Gold, 14 silver, and 14 bronze followed by Haryana with 49 medals including 22 gold, 16 silver, and 11 bronze. Uttar Pradesh has won 13 gold, 9 silver, and 8 bronze medals while Tamil Nadu has won 12 gold, 9 silver, and 11 bronze medals.
- Gujarat’s Hina Khalifa and Swati Sanjay of Maharashtra won the bronze medals in the women’s 53kg.
- Meanwhile, Olympian gymnast Pranati Nayak picked up two gold medals at the Sama Indoor Sports Complex in Vadodara.
- The West Bengal gymnast collected her first gold – the uneven bars – in the morning and rounded off her campaign by clinching the floor exercise crown in the evening.
- In men’s 200m cycling, Ronaldo Singh, David Beckham, and Esow Alben clinched the three podium finishes.
India signed an agreement with Armenia to export missiles, rockets & ammunition
India will export missiles, rockets, and ammunition to Armenia after the recent clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan. The missiles will also include Indigenous Pinaka Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher. India has signed this deal with Armenia to help them to depend on the country against their neighboring country Azerbaijan.
Key Points related to the Agreement between India and Armenia
- India signed an order for arms export through a government-to-Government route through which the two nations inked contracts.
- The government has not revealed the exact value of the contract; however, it is estimated that India will supply weapons worth more than Rs 2,000 crore.
- India will also export Indigenous Pinaka Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher.
- Pinaka has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and manufactured by indigenous private sector firms.
- India will also provide anti-tank rockets as well as a wide range of ammunition to Armenia under the bundled deal.
- This contract will push the efforts of the government to increase the export of weapons with policy reforms and active support the government.
- The center has also set a target to sell weapon systems worth Rs 35,000 crore abroad by 2025.
100 laboratories for 5G technology to be set up across India by Govt
100 laboratories for 5G technology: The government now intends to establish 5G laboratories around the nation, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the start of 5G services in India at the Indian Mobile Congress. The Indian government intends to establish 100 5G laboratories around the nation, according to Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Union Minister for Communications, Electronics, and Information Technology.
100 laboratories for 5G technology:
- Ashwini Vaishnaw asked and encouraged the telecom sector to unite and turn at least 12 of these 100 laboratories into incubators for the telecom industry to teach students and conduct experiments.
- It is not uncommon for telecom carriers to run 5G laboratories. Orange Jordan has opened the Orange 5G Lab at Orange Digital Village in Abdali to investigate novel applications of this technology and offer pertinent training.
- Earlier this month, the minister proposed during a visit to the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) that a 5G use-case lab be established there.
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishna even promised to build a 5G use case laboratory and a semiconductor laboratory at the Institute and urged IIT-GN to create a proposal.
5G Technology Services:
- Home-grown A manufacturer of telecom equipment and a technology provider, HFCL Limited (HFCL), has introduced 5G Lab-as-a-Service to hasten the introduction of 5G solutions and services.
- For the business sector, academia, and government to collaborate on product innovations from concept to reality, the lab may offer an automated testing environment.
- 5G Laboratories offers a sandbox for quick prototyping of 5G use cases that cater to the requirements of several market sectors, including manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, and retail. The country’s effective rollout of rural mobile broadband will require pre-validated, pre-integrated 5G solutions for Low Mobility Large Cell. These solutions will be developed by the 5G Lab.
National Mission for Clean Ganga approved 14 projects worth Rs 1145 crore
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 14 projects worth Rs 1,145 crore. The projects include the following aspects sewerage management, curbing industrial pollution, and biodiversity conservation among others. The project was approved at the 45th meeting of the executive committee under the championship of G Asok Kumar, Director General, NMCG.
Key Points related to National Mission for Clean Ganga
- The project includes eight aspects related to sewerage management in five main stems Ganga basins states of Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and West Bengal.
- In Uttar Pradesh four sewerage management projects were approved.
- The sewerage management projects include tapping of Assi drain in Varanasi by constructing a 55 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP).
- The project was sanctioned to achieve zero untreated discharge from three drains Assi, Samne Ghat, and Nakhha.
- The other projects include the construction of 13 MLD STP and renovation of existing structures among others in Vrindavan for Rs 77.70 crore.
Senior bureaucrat Ajay Bhadoo appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner
Senior bureaucrat, Ajay Bhadoo has been appointed as the Deputy Election Commissioner as part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected on Sunday by the Centre. Bhadoo, a 1999 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Gujarat cadre, has been appointed to the post up to July 24, 2024. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the senior bureaucrat’s candidature.
- His two-month extension as Joint Secretary in the President’s Secretariat ended on September 25. He was appointed as Joint Secretary to former President Ram Nath Kovid in July 2020. Earlier, Bhadoo served as Gujarat’s Vadodara Municipal Commissioner.
- The update is a part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle wherein joint secretaries in the central government department were appointed too. As many as 35 civil servants were rejigged through a government order.