- 03 November 2022
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 03 November 2022
HARIT Aaykar Initiative by Income Tax Department for Increasing Greenery and Creating Micro Forests
The Income Tax Department participated in the Government of India’s month-long Special Campaign for Swachhata which ends on 31st October, 2022.
The Income Tax Department participated in the Government of India’s month-long Special Campaign for Swachhata which ends on 31st October, 2022. This day (31st October) marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and is also observed as the National Unity Day.
About The Initiative:
- It was launched on the occasion of National Unity Day to increase greenery and create micro forests.
- Under this initiative, the Income Tax Department resolves to increase the green cover by planting trees and creating micro-forests in and around Income Tax Department’s buildings and other public areas.
What Are Micro- Forests:
- A micro-forest is a small, planted forest that maximises tree density and biodiversity.
- The Miyawaki method, which was devised by Japanese botanist Akira Miyawaki in the 1980s, is a technique to create micro forests over small plots of land.
- Achieving this goal requires planting a wide variety of plants in a fairly dense manner so that the plot of land has different layers of a forest such as shrubs and canopies and not just trees.
- Plants typically require anywhere between eight to nine months of care before reaching a point where the micro forest becomes self-sustaining.
Ghana to assume Presidency of UN Security Council
West African country, Ghana assumes the rotating monthly Presidency of the United Nations Security Council.
West African country, Ghana assumes the rotating monthly Presidency of the United Nations Security Council. During the month of November 2022, Ghana shall preside over the meetings of the Council (adoptions, debates and consultations) and, under its authority, shall represent the Security Council in its capacity as an organ of the United Nations.
Presidency of the United Nations Security Council: Key points.
- In its capacity as President of the UN Security Council, Ghana is focusing on enhancing Global Peace and Security for Sustainable and Inclusive Development, particularly on the continent of Africa.
- This will be by fully addressing underlying causes and drivers of conflict linked to the growing youth bulge, poverty, climate change and the absence of resilient institutions.
- Ghana rejoined the UN Security Council on January 1, 2022. It is the third time Ghana is holding a nonpermanent seat on the Council.
- Ghana was first given the opportunity to serve on the council from 1962 to 1963, and was back for the period of January 2006 – December 2007.
About the UNSC:
The Security Council, which is composed by 15 Member States, is the organ of the United Nations authorised by the Charter with primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. The responsibility of presiding over the Security Council comes at a time when international peace and security is threatened in several parts of the world.
Elon Musk: Twitter verified badge to cost $8 a month.
Elon Musk announced that the Twitter Blue Tick service will come with a monthly cost of USD 8 which is about Rs 660. Twitter Blue Tick service includes the coveted verified badge.
Elon Musk announced that the Twitter Blue Tick service will come with a monthly cost of USD 8 which is about Rs 660. Twitter Blue Tick service includes the coveted verified badge. This is a result to boost subscriptions and make social media networks less dependent on ads.
The verified badge, which is essentially a blue tick means Twitter has confirmed that the account belongs to a person or business claiming it. The service is free for all current and it will be the first time that users will be required to pay fees to keep their verified badge.
Twitter verified badge to cost $8 a month- Key Points.
- Elon Musk in his tweet informed that prices will be adjusted based on the country and purchasing power parity.
- Musk also informed that subscribers will get priority in replies, mentions, and search which is essential to combat spam and scam.
- The subscribers will also be able to post long videos and audio and will come across minimal ads.
- Publishers who are willing to work with Twitter will get a paywall bypass and this will give Twitter a revenue stream to reward content creators.
- There will be a secondary tag below the name of public figures which is already visible on the profiles of politicians.
- Elon Musk has taken over Twitter last week for 44 billion USD.
First Woman Director Dr G Hemaprabha Takes Charge at ICAR-SBI
Dr. G Hemaprabha was appointed as the Director of the ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute up to 2024 on the recommendation of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board.
ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute (ICAR-SBI) got its first-ever woman director in over a century of the Institution’s existence. Dr. G Hemaprabha was appointed as the Director of the ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute up to 2024 on the recommendation of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, New Delhi under the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
About Dr. G Hemaprabha.
Dr. G Hemaprabha is the first woman director of the 111-year-old ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute. With over 34 years of research experience in sugarcane genetic improvement. She has more research experience of over 34 years in Sugarcane genetic improvement and so far, she has developed 27 sugarcane varieties and registered 15 cane genetic stock.
About ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute.
The ICAR-Sugarcane Breeding Institute, Coimbatore is the premier and one the oldest agriculture research institutes under the Indian Council of Agriculture Research. It was established in 1912, the institute has been largely responsible for meeting the sugarcane varietal requirements of the country for the past ten decades with the dual mandate of developing improved sugarcane varieties and also supporting the sugarcane breeding program of over 23 Sugarcane Research Stations in India.