- 03 January 2023
- By GyanOk
Daily Current Affairs Notes for 03 January 2023
Twitter CEO Elon Musk Becomes First Person Ever to Lose $200 Billion
Elon Musk became the first person to lose $200 billion from his net worth. Elon Musk has seen a drop of up to $137 billion in his wealth after a recent drop in Telsa Shares.
Tesla and Twitter CEO Elon Musk became the first person to lose $200 billion from his net worth. Elon Musk has seen a drop of up to $137 billion in his wealth after a recent drop in Tesla Shares. The shares of his electric car company are down nearly 65 percent. Elon Musk became the richest person in the world for the first time in January 2021 with a net worth of more than $185 billion.
- However, he was replaced by Bernard Arnault, the chief executive of luxury brand Louis Vuitton’s parent company LVMH as the world’s richest man.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk Becomes First Person Ever to Lose $200 Billion- Key Points
- Elon Musk has applied a move-fast-and-break-things approach such as firing staff then asking them to come back and applying content policies haphazardly to justify banning the accounts of some prominent journalists who cover him.
There are no big assets left after a decline in Tesla shares up to 65% in 2022.
- There are no big assets left after a decline in Tesla shares up to 65% in 2022 and the purchase of Twitter of a whopping $44 billion.
- Following these reports, Tesla has also announced a price drop in several of its model, offering a $7,500 discount for its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles.
- However, Musk has dismissed concerns about Tesla and has repeatedly taken to Twitter to criticize the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates at the fastest pace in a generation.
- Elon Musk is the founder, CEO, and Chief Engineer of SpaceX, Telsa.inc, and CEO of Twitter.
India’s first underwater metro to become operation by December 2023
India's first underwater metro service, The Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC) said that the East-West Metro Corridor project, is expected to be completed by December 2023.
India’s first underwater metro service, The Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC) said that the East-West Metro Corridor project, is expected to be completed by December 2023. With this, another feather is being added to the crown of Kolkata Metro, the first metro railway in the country. Kolkata Metro, which started its journey in 1984, is being expanded to cover the whole city and its outskirts. The underwater metro, which will be running through the Hoogly river will connect the twin cities of Howrah and Kolkata.
About the project:
- Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation has taken up the difficult take of making the tunnel with the help of German machines and the best experts. Work inside the tunnel is still in progress.
- As far as the cost of construction of the underground metro is concerned, it costs about Rs 120 crore per kilometre to build the tunnel but the manufacturing cost of the tunnel underwater, which is deep in the Hooghly river costs increased to around 157 crores by per kilometre.
- The completion of the project will bring great relief to lakhs of commuters as it will connect the busy Howrah and Sealdah railway stations as well as the north-south line of the Kolkata Metro at Esplanade. Another attraction for travellers will be the twin tunnels under the width of the river. Passengers will pass under the water for half a kilometre in less than a minute, giving them a one-of-a-kind experience.
Metro Rail system in India
- First metro in India; Kolkata Metro which started its operation 24 October 1984 between Dum Dam to Tollygunge. It was started with the help of the Soviet Union. Largest metro rail in operation in India: Delhi Metro (390.14 km: Source DMRC as on 7 March 2022). It started operation on 24 December 2002. Smallest Metro: Ahmedabad metro ,6 km
- The metro rail systems in operation in India are in the cities of Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kochi Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, and Pune. (total 15 cities ).
Biggest Space Missions in 2023- Chandrayaan-3 to Gaganyaan
ISRO's Biggest Space Missions in 2023: ISRO's biggest year could be 2023 as the launch of Aditya L1, Gaganyaan and Chandrayaan-3 by ISRO are all set for 2023.
In 2022, the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) reached new heights as it experimented with new tests to confirm its human spaceflight mission, built new facilities to train its astronauts, and created a new connection with the private sector by putting India’s first privately made rocket to the test. The year 2023 won’t be any different. Instead, since the roster is set, it might be a year of bigger, bolder, and braver expeditions from India to space.
- The first test of the Gaganyaan mission, the nation’s first astronaut mission that sends Indians outside the planet in an indigenously manufactured technology, is the most audacious venture the Indian space agency has ever undertaken.
Biggest Space Missions in 2023 by ISRO: Gaganyaan
- In 2023, ISRO will also carry out the first test flight of its most ambitious mission, Gaganyaan.
- The crewed launch has been delayed until 2024, although the Indian space agency may launch the unmanned “G1” mission in the final quarter of 2023 and the “G2” mission in the first half of 2024.
- The Gaganyaan programme’s “G1” mission’s inaugural unmanned flight is intended to assess how well the launch vehicle, orbital module propulsion system, mission control, communication system, and recovery procedures operate when used by humans.
The Indian Air Force astronaut designate has already finished their first semester of training, which included modules on theoretical foundations, space medicine, launch vehicles, spacecraft systems, and ground support infrastructure.
Koustav Chatterjee becomes India’s 78th Grandmaster
Nineteen-year-old Kolkata-based chess player, Koustav Chatterjee became India’s 78th Grandmaster. He is also the tenth GM from West Bengal.
Nineteen-year-old Kolkata-based chess player, Koustav Chatterjee became India’s 78th Grandmaster. He is also the tenth GM from West Bengal. Koustav earned his first GM norm in October 2021 at a Grandmasters’ chess tournament in Bangladesh. He got his second GM norm at the Asian championship in the first week of November 2022. He crossed FIDE rating 2500 in August. Koustav is in the joint-lead with GM Abhijeet Gupta at the National Senior Chess Championship with a score of 8/10 after 10 rounds.
About GrandMaster (GM)
- GrandMaster is the highest title apart from World Champion awarded to Chess players International Chess Federation FIDE. India’s 1st Chess GrandMaster was won by Viswanathan Anand at the age of 14 in 1988.